Sunday, July 27, 2014

Park Yourself

I needed the park worse than chores needed doing. Just after this photo was snapped, a large, red tailed hawk flew from the tree above us. I suppose we interrupted him. I'm thankful I wasn't shat upon, but really-I could do without the large, screaming raptor thing in a city park of all places! Imagine. Hrumph, what do they think this is, some sort of nature preserve? Wild birds up the park-what's next?!
We kept finding large feathers that could only have come from hawks scattered about. *shudder* there must be more of the bastards aloft.

In the end, we had a nice bit of exercise, came home to drink iced coffee, and drew the weekend to a close in a pleasant way. The weather is expected to be cooler this upcoming week, so perhaps there's more park time awaiting (I'm soooo wearing a helmet next time).

Outfit Particulars:

80's (I think) NR I dress by Ned Gould-Goodwill
Blue glass ring-Hobby Lobby
Cinnabar bracelet-Hand-Me-Ups
Milk Glass bracelet-Hand-Me-Ups
Dior Earrings-Thrifted
1950's KARU brooch-Hand-Me-Ups (.99 cents! That is insane!)
Shoes-Thrifted, Goodwill
Snood with bow-had it since the 80's
1960's French handbag-Goodwill, Council Bluffs, IA


I hope you have a lovely week, and that no screeching raptors try to shit on your head.

4 comments:

Asparagus Pea said...

Really? You look like you might be graduating from the College of Falconry. First class honours xxx

Sue said...

Big bird means big shit!! Glad you didn't get dirtied by the bird.

Curtise said...

Yeah, the raptors are coming to get ya!
I bet Danny is laughing at your discomfort - he, on the other hand, will have been delighted with your encounter with the wildlife. Just don't wear a big hat with fruit on it, the birds will think it's snack time... xxx

Goody said...

@Curtise
I think they eat rodents and smaller birds-and really, who wants those on a hat?

Go on and laugh-but that stinker was close!